2010 AANP State Award for Excellence Nominations
Please consider nominating a colleague for the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 2010 State Award for Excellence. We need nominations for nurse practitioners and nurse practitioner advocates. Take a moment to recognize a colleague for their contributions to the profession! Please see below.
2010 AANP State Award for Excellence Nominations Instructions
Nominations are now open for the 2010 AANP State Awards for Excellence. Please read the following information and frequently asked questions carefully. Nominations must be submitted electronically on the official 2010 State Award Nominations Form in a clear and concise manner to be considered for the award. Nomination form must be submitted electronically to AANP no later than October 12, 2009. Thank you in advance for taking the time to nominate deserving NPs and Advocates.
The NP State Award for Excellence is given annually to an NP who has demonstrated excellence in NP clinical practice.
The Advocate State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual who has made a significant contribution toward increasing awareness and acceptance of NPs. Examples of past recipients of this award have been physicians, legislators, educators, etc. NPs are eligible for the advocate award for non-clinical practice initiatives related to leadership, precepting, policy, politics, research, education, or community affairs.
If the situation warrants a tie, two awards may be given in one or both categories. Neither the person nominated nor the nominator has to be an AANP member.
Current AANP state representatives and board members are not eligible to receive a State Award for Excellence during their term of office.
Timeline for 2010 State Awards for Excellence
August 10, 2009…………Call for Nominations emailed to state reps and Board of Directors
August 12, 2009…………Call for Nominations emailed to all AANP members and published in AANP
SmartBrief and on website
October 12, 2009……….Deadline for nominations to be received by AANP
October 14, 2009…….Nominations sent to state reps for selection committee decision. As
winners are selected, state rep contacts winners to notify—does not contact non-winners. Non-winner letters sent to AANP to nominator only
October 29, 2009……Deadline for selection from state reps to be received by AANP
November 3, 2009…..AANP contacts all nominees with results and other information
December 18, 2009…Deadline for receipt of information and photos from winners
2010 Conference…….Winners honored at special Awards Reception
Winners receive the following from AANP
· All winners receive a one-time waiver for the 2010 AANP Conference registration fee
· Current AANP member winners receive a one-year extension of their membership, beginning at their renewal date
· Non-AANP members who are award recipients are given a one-year complimentary membership
· Winners receive a certificate from AANP and are recognized during the AANP national conference at a special State Awards Reception. States may recognize winners at venues throughout the year with honors/awards given at the discretion of the state rep
To begin the State Awards nomination process, please use the following steps:
· Click Here to go to “Online Services”
· If you are a current AANP member, please enter your membership log-in and password. If you are not a member of AANP, please create a log-in and password.
· Once you have successfully logged into Online Services, you will enter the Registered Users Homepage. Click on 2010 State Awards listed on the left-hand side of the page and follow the instructions to enter your nomination. All fields must be completed before submission.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Beverly McLemore at (512) 442-4262, ext. 5233 or email email@example.com.